Trauma takes place daily in hospitals, and the medical teams are in the forefront of constant challenging and traumatic events. They must retain a professional service, compassion towards their patients and their families, while safeguarding against compassion fatigue.
At the EmotionAid™ course, medical teams learn practical tools of emotional first aid, with the following objectives:
- Reduce burnout and compassion fatigue
- Handle frustration and violence in patients and families
- Decrease activation during day-to-day and emergency situations
- Release accumulated stress and tension by exercising emotional first aid on themselves and others
EmotionAid™ for the Health sector addresses the needs of various teams in the medical world: Physicians, nurses, support staff, social workers, and more.
Contact ITI for additional information or to request an EmotionAid™ training of your own!
“I don’t remember what she did with me, but I do remember that she succeeded in calming me down,”
– a terror victim, after a social worker at the Shaarei Tsedek hospital treated her with the EmotionAid™ tools.
– Amalia Oren, Director of the Department for Social Work, Shaarei Tsedek Hospital, Jerusalem