Medical: Beyond the Trauma Vortex into the Healing Vortex: A Guide for Medical Professions
Overview: A large number of trauma-related syndromes are medically treatment-resistant. Knowledge of the traumatic etiology behind these traumatic symptoms allows medical personnel to relieve the suffering that comes with mental torment. A medical establishment sensitive to healing trauma with the new tools available increases the capacity to heal. This book:
- Defines the nature and characteristics of trauma
- Identifies persistent trauma-related symptoms and syndromes, which are unresponsive to treatments and medication
- Offers healing tools appropriate to the medical field
- Defines the issues of secondhand trauma and burnout and their effects on medical personnel (doctors, nurses, emergency personnel, surgeons etc.) and on patients, their families and friends.
- Introduces tools to cope with trauma.
- Defines the concept of the collective trauma vortex and presents tools for collective healing.
- Covers the impact of media-related secondhand trauma on the public.
What others are saying:
This book helps physicians recognize when trauma is the deep-rooted problem beneath many symptoms and syndromes; and Somatic Experiencing® provides an excellent tool to achieve a successful treatment. SE® is an easy, safe, and organic method that allows physicians to treat the whole person—mind, body and spirit.”
~Hyla Cass M.D., Psychiatrist and author of 8 Weeks to Vibrant Health
When we can integrate a wonderful method like Somatic Experiencing® and incorporate its practical and innovative tools, we combine holistic health care with high-level wellness and achieve penetrating insights and abiding compassion.
~Barbara Dossey, PhD, RN, Author and Co-Director, Nightingale Initiative for Global Health
Gina’s book is one more addendum to the evidence that awareness is a major asset in healing and that unleashing patients’ inner healing powers can be the missing piece for doctors working with patients with trauma-mediated syndromes.
~Larry Dossey, M.D.
To purchase the book, click here.